Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Pizza is one of the most adaptable meals in the world. You can make a culturally inspired one like Mexican pizza, a breakfast pizza with eggs and bacon, or even a steak pizza. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite game day recipes – the Barbecue Chicken Pizza.
Benefits of Pizza Oven
This recipe centers around a pizza oven (hey, they’re sexy). This type of oven reaches high temperatures, perfect for making a billowy pizza crust. Having said that, you can use it to make:
Corn on the cob
Plus, pizza ovens come in all price ranges (with as many bells and whistles as you’d like), so you’re likely to be able to find one that fits your budget. If not, check out PitMaster’s Memo below for oven cooking.
You’ll find that Pizza ovens save you time. Where your conventional oven may take up to 15 minutes to cook a pizza properly, here, you’ve only got to wait 2-3 minutes. Think of how much more time that gives you for entertaining. Having the right tools for a menu always makes for better eating.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Chicken thighs
- Cuso’s Hot Honey BBQ Rub
- Pizza crust **
- Hickory barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (fresh)
- ½ cup shredded white and orange cheddar cheese
- ¼ Red onion sliced
- Garlic aioli
- Green onion
** You can make your own, but when you have guests coming, it’s easier to use premade crust you can get ready-to-rise at the supermarket
- Using a Chef’s Knife, cut up the bacon into 1” pieces.
- Do likewise with the chicken thighs.
- Use an iron pan for cooking the chicken and crisping up the bacon in the pizza oven.
- Set aside.
- Stretch the pizza dough.
- Brush with barbecue sauce (don’t go too heavy, or your pizza will be soggy).
- Top with the mozzarella putting little dabs evenly all over.
- Add bacon and chicken.
- Top with the mixed shredded cheese and onions.
- Cook in the pizza oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle the top with garlic aioli
- Garnish with green onions.
PitMaster Memo: Using an Oven
To make your pizza in the oven, you’ll need a sheet pan or a baking stone. Preheat the pan in a 475-500 degree oven. Meanwhile, assemble your pizza.
Carefully place the pizza on top of the preheated pan. Position the pan between 6” and 8” from the top of the oven to allow for heat circulation. If your oven is at 475F, the pizza takes between 10-15 minutes to cook. At 500Fit takes 8-12 minutes. You can put the broiler on for a few seconds at the end of the cooking time if you want the toppings crispier.
Beer-battered onion rings
Rustic potato salad
Tomato basil soup (use for dipping!)
Wings (of course!)
From the Bar
Leave a Comment