Breakfast is the day’s most important meal, but many folk don’t get very creative with it. Why have cereal or toast when you can enjoy grilled breakfast sausage bread? I love a hardy sandwich in the morning. Besides sausage, you could use pulled pork, chicken, or steak and cheese. Get creative and make a meal that keeps you full until the afternoon.
Grilled Breakfast Sausage Bread Ingredients
- 1 egg per person (this recipe feeds 6)
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ white onion chopped
- ½ sweet pepper chopped
- 1 bundle green onioned, chopped
- Loaf Ciabatta bread
- 12 slices of Munster cheese
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (ground)
- Salt, pepper
- Spicy mayo
Grilled Breakfast Sausage Bread Instructions
- Cut up the onions, peppers, and bacon using our Executive Knife.
- Fry the bacon, onion, and pepper together.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the eggs and green onion
- Stir until cooked.
- In the meanwhile, hollow out the bread loaf.
- Place three slices of cheese in each half on the bottom
- Lay down the egg mixture splitting it equally between each half
- Put three more slices of cheese on top
- Place ½ pound of sausage on top of each half
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil on low until it crisps
- Drizzle spicy mayo on top, then cut into strips
- Serve warm
Tip: you can eat this by hand, but forks are a little easier.
Ciabatta comes from Italy. The names mean slipper, perhaps because it resembles one shape-wise. One of the best uses for Ciabatta is panini, garlic bread, dipping bread, and sandwiches. It’s a relative newcomer to the bread market as a twist on French baguettes (1982).
Bacon corn biscuits
Banana nut bread
Sauteed spinach with garlic
From the Bar
Coffee or tea
Maple Bacon Porter