How Long to Cook Chicken Wings in the Oven at 350F?
By: Jack Mancuso
You can’t go anywhere without finding a place that sells chicken wings. They’re a perfect on-the-go snack so long as you have a napkin at the ready.
If you talk to folks, it seems like everyone has a favorite rub, sauce, and method for preparing wings. They adapt to unique flavors like Nashville Hot, lemon pepper chimichurri, and smoked honey sriracha. And, sometimes, it’s nice to go with tried-n-true salt and pepper.
Now the question becomes, how do you want to cook ‘em? Some swear by deep frying, others love smoking and grilling, and some folks decide to keep it simple by using an oven. The neat thing here is that low-and-slow still applies if you want fall-off-the-bone meat.
Baked Chicken Wings at 350F Oven Ingredients
- Chicken Wings (3-5 per person as a main appetizer)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Barbecue rub (optional)
- 1 tsp per pound of wings - Baking Powder
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
Baked Chicken Wings at 350 F Instructions
- Make sure your oven rack is in the center position.
- Preheat to 350 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil
- Top it with a wire rack
- Pat d
- own the chicken wings with paper towels
- Mix your dry ingredients
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients from above the wings for even distribution. Get both sides evenly.
- Place them on the rack with separation between them for airflow
- Bake the wings for 60-70 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the wings over. If you are using sauce, add it now.
- After another 30 minutes, turn them again. If you want a really crispy wing, increase the oven temperature to 425 F.
- The wings will be done in about another 20 minutes. They should be golden brown.
Check the internal temperature of your wings. You’re looking for 165 F. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, take one wing and carefully open it. If it’s pink, they’re not done. Other signs your wings are underdone include rubbery skin and bloody fluid leaking from within when you pierce with a fork
PitMaster’s Memo: Chicken Wing Trivia
- Chicken wings were created by accident. The stories differ, but how glad we are it happened.
- National Chicken Wing Day was devised in Buffalo, NY in 1977. Held on Labor Day weekend, the event can attract 80,000 people.
- Surveys indicate that each person in the United States eats 90 chicken wings a year.
- A man by the name of Patrick Bertoletti consumed 444 chicken wings in 26 minutes at the 2015 Wing Bowl.
- The debate over ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping continues. However, many people prefer ranch.
- Super Bowl Sunday celebrates chicken wings. During the event, over 1.2 billion wings are consumed.
Bread bowl with dip
Deep fried ravioli
Pasta Salad with feta
Stuffed mini peppers
American Pale Ales
Orange old fashions