Jagermeister Smash Burger
By: Jack Mancuso
Cooking with alcohol is nothing new. We add wine to marinades, injections, sauces, etc., for example. In most cases, if you have a drink you love, there’s a way to make a recipe out of it. These Jagermeister Smash Burgers are an illustration, and they taste fantastic.
But whatever you do, don’t wear white. Smash burgers of any type always get messy. It’s part of their charm.
Jagermeister Smash Burger Ingredients
- 1 lb ground Beef (80/20)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Jagermeister (split)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Pat butter
- 2 pieces of bacon (per burger)
- Black pepper American cheese
- Large brioche bun
- Spicy mustard
Jaegermeister Smash Burger Instructions
- Begin by sauteeing the garlic and onion in butter.
- Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup Jagermeister
- Set aside
- Mix the beef, bread crumbs, egg, and ¼ cup Jagegermeister
- Make sure everything is well incorporated but don’t overwork them.
- Place the burgers on the grill, smashing them down (you can use a cooking pan)
- While they cook, grill the inside of your buns to golden brown
- Now it’s time to layer the Smashburger. Begin with cheese on the bottom.
- Next comes the burger, followed by bacon, the onion mix, a slice of tomato, and spicy mustard to finish things off. It’s pretty impressive to look at.
PitMaster’s Memo – Jaegermeister
The family business from which Jaegermeister emerged began with vinegar. Curt Mast took a different direction assembling 56 botanicals for the foundation of Jagermeister. Creating the drink was not enough. Curt was an avid outdoorsman and wanted a sturdy bottle he could carry. He tried dropping various bottles to see which ones broke. Eventually, he found one, and the bottle shape remains the same to this day.
Jaegermeister’s base matures in special oak barrels for a year. There are master distillers who carefully prepare the Jagermeisterl, never straying from the original recipe. Before any batch leaves the factory, it must pass 383 quality checks.
German potato salad
Peach Caprese Salad
Roasted sweet potatoes
From the Bar
Golden (blond) ale